Monday, November 19, 2012

Bottle Cap Neckerchief Slides for the Blue and Gold Banquet Dinner


This fun neckerchief slide would be a good one to do for the boys for the Blue and Gold Banquet.  I originally found these cute "bottle cap images" on a site for sale.  I bought them, and printed the sheet of 12 "bottlecaps" on a size 5x7 glossy photo paper, cut them out and put a back on them made out of 1/2" PVC pipe.  They did not cost much, and are a cute and easy neckerchief slide.  The company stopped selling these bottlecaps, so I made some of my own.  Click here to go to the page where I have them ready to download.
  • Click here to go to the blog post where you can print your own.
  • Click here to see all the blog posts that have bottle caps that are available on our blog.






My original plan was to make them with the glass stones, and printed them 5x7, but that made them a little too large to do them that way, so I just put a back on them.  I really quite like them.  They are cute and cheap!  The company stopped selling these bottlecaps, so I made some of my own.  Click here to go to the page where I have them ready to download.

If you want to learn how to do the neckerchief slides with the glass jewels, I have put that tutorial on our district site.  AlpineDistrictCubs.blogspot.com.  Click here.
The company stopped selling these bottlecaps, so I made some of my own.  Click here to go to the page where I have them ready to download.




7 comments:

  1. Site no longer has them as of 11/25/2013

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for warning me. I have deleted the Etsy info that was old. I have researched this and found the seller on Facebook. I added the link above. You can now contact her to get more info.

      Delete
  2. thxs I might try this for our new cubs. from Margaret in Australia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you tell me how you glued the pvc pipe on the back of glass? Did they stay? I'm worried that regular hot glue will come off. How to make permanent?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hot glue actually works really well. Just put a lot on, and run it through the PVC like the picture. Have fun!

      Delete