Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Cub Scout Orientation for New Cub Scouts and Parents

As brand new Cub Scouts are ready to join the Pack, I like to meet with them and their parents and give them a binder with all the tracking sheets and information they will need to be able to understand what we do at Cub Scouts every week.  This is a great paper to give them to explain all about where you meet and what you do.


  • To open this file in a Word Document so you can edit it, CLICK HERE
  • To print the Wolf Achievements that should be done as a family, CLICK HERE 
  • To see other ideas for Cub Scout Orientation papers, CLICK HERE and scroll through the different posts.



Because I have received questions about the Den Doodle talked about in the document, I have posted some information on Den Doodles, how to make them, and how to use them.  CLICK HERE to see the post.





9 comments:

  1. Thank you! We have one, but it is much longer. I like how simple this is! I LOVE your den doodle idea. Also, did you make your red vests or buy them. We are considering doing that as well and wondered about making them.

    Thanks!!
    Shelley
    shelleyRnash @ gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you like it! Thanks for telling me. I originally bought one red vest and picked out the 2 small seams so I could lay it out on the red felt and cut it out. They were easy to cut, make, and sew. After that, I just kept my pattern to cut out new vests. I found it best to make a bunch at a time, and then they lasted for years. It ended up being lots cheaper, and they were simple to make. I will have to post on the site soon how to make the den doodle I did. It was made with a large gallon tin can and PVC pipes. It was super easy, and very portable.

      Delete
  2. Thanks.. My wife found the site and the wealth of information you have shared here. Do you have an image of what the den doodle looks like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the question! I found an old picture and posted some information on a new post called Cub Scout Den Doodle Idea. The link to the post is http://akelascouncil.blogspot.com/2013/02/cub-scout-den-doodle-idea.html

      Delete
  3. You all have some AWESOME materials..!! Either way, I really appreciate you sharing with the cub community to make us all more successful. Amy (NC)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this. I am in the process of editing it as a suggested handout for packs to use in our council. One thing I noticed was that you said that not very many Wolf requirements would be worked on in meetings. Working on requirements has been emphasized in meetings since 2010. The "New Delivery Method" is a wonderful tool to help more boys get their rank advancements, and I hope that your pack will begin using the Den and Pack Meeting Resource Guide soon. Of course the program will be changing again in 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing these documents! They make setting up our welcome packets sssoooo easy!

    ReplyDelete