Sunday, December 9, 2012

Cub Scout Blue & Gold Banquet Dinner Invitation Printable Ideas that look like Cub Scout Neckerchiefs





Here is a PRINTABLE idea for a cute invitation for the Blue and Gold Banquet.  They look just like neckerchief's, so it really adds to the fun.  It is ready to print, add words, and give out.


  • To print the invitation pictured above, click here.  (It is really cute printed on blue or gold paper).  
  • To open the above invitation in a word document, click here
  • To print an updated version donated by Pack 703 from Mansfield, Texas, click here.  I would like to say a big THANK YOU for this amazing piece of art and your willingness to share it with others free of charge.  You can see a picture of it below.
  • Cut on the line shown
  • fold in half and then along the 2 fold lines printed on the neckerchiefs
  • I added a blue and gold logo if you want to cut that out and glue to the front to look like a neckerchief slide.




 
Above is the PDF you can print.  Then you can run the same paper through your printer again to add your own words, fold up and give to the parents to invite them to the Blue and Gold Banquet.

For this logo, click the picture


If you would like a different logo that is PRINTABLE and can be printed as is (on the left) or personalized with your pack number (like below), click on the picture to the left or below to get more information.



I did not make the invitation in Word, but tried to make up a separate form in Word that would give you the wording you could change and be able to print your own, but I couldn't figure out how to rotate the text.  I don't think you can do it in Word 2007.  If anyone figures out how to do it in Word or another program everyone has that can be edited, (and if your willing to share it), post a message and let me know and I will post it on here for everyone to use.







The invitation above was donated by Pack 703 from Mansfield, Texas.  To print an updated version, click here.  I would like to say a big THANK YOU for this amazing piece of art and your willingness to share it with others free of charge. 

** PLEASE do not download these files and email or send them digitally to others.  These are for your personal use only.  If you would like to share these files with others, please copy the link to this post and send them to our site so they can print off their own.  We would love to have everyone that would like a copy to come here to print their own off absolutely free.  We receive money to keep our website open where we store all of our documents and PDF files by people visiting our blog.  Please don't take money out of our pockets by bypassing our blog.

Here is the wording that is on the invitations pictured here so you can copy and paste and change the wording to work for you.  Good Luck!
Come Help us Celebrate Scouting
at the
Blue and Gold Banquet
Tuesday, February 22
5:30 - 7:30pm

Dinner, Entertainment and
Cake Decorating Contest

All Scouts Need to Bring a Cake
The Cake Decorating Theme is "productivity"
(Family Members Can Help)

All Cakes will be Eaten
That Evening

                    







Here is another neckerchief printable I found online.  I would love to give more credit to the creator, but couldn't find any information.  Here is the link -  http://www.angelfire.com/fl4/Kevin/cubscouts/Cubs_Neckerchief.pdf




















To check out the PRINTABLE "Christmas Cracker" or candy tube, CLICK HERE


  













To check out our Blue and Gold Placemat, CLICK HERE.









To check out our silverware holder,  CLICK HERE
  



To check out all of our other
Blue and Gold ideas, CLICK HERE.










41 comments:

  1. Can I get this emailed to me in a word doc format
    Howard.tayloriii@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, this was not made in Word. I was trying to figure out how to make a 2nd page you could edit and print in word so you could run the paper through your printer twice to make the invitations but couldn't figure out how to get the words to turn in Word.

      VaLayne

      Delete
    2. Dating for everyone is here: ❤❤❤ Link 1 ❤❤❤


      Direct sexchat: ❤❤❤ Link 2 ❤❤❤

      mQ.

      Delete
  2. I am curious how you add the words once you have already printed the document?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will have to run the same paper through your printer twice. Once to print the PDF, and once to print the words on it. Good luck! Hope you enjoy the invitations!

      Delete
    2. I opened the document in Photoshop. From there I typed our customized invitation wording. Make sure it is exactly as you like. In fact, I make a "text box" for each set of descriptions: date (its own box), place (its own box), etc. Then I lined it up with all the right spacing. From there I hit: ctrl + T to rotate the words -45 degrees. This turns it all to center in the lower corner. While in the ctrl/T I can move the whole thing to be placed correctly. It is much easier than it sounds. I have not figured out how to do this on word or publisher, though I am sure there is a way. It turned out so cute!!! On the back of the card you will see the origin of the original design so they get all the credit they so greatly deserve on this really unique invitation!

      Delete
  3. This is such a cute invitation! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole! It is notes like this that make it all worthwhile. Working with cubs is such a fun thing to get to do.

      Delete
    2. I agree! I was just getting ready to print off square invites that were NOT in the shape of a neckerchief- this idea is awesome!!

      Delete
  4. THANKS so much for sharing your fun ideas and files--it's so nice to have the work done:) Placemat, napkin ring and invitation are perfect for our pack!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Printed! Fabulous invitation :)
    I used print shop for the wording and then rotated it in the corner to print. Easy peasy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it, and that it was so easy for you to add the words! Hope you have a great Blue & Gold Banquet!

      Delete
  6. Great idea, I was able to put into Microsoft Publisher and rotate the text. I'm very excited to be able to share this with my boys. Thanks for sharing your great ideas. Your awesome for sharing your creativeness.
    Thanks,
    Tom in Cheyenne with Pack 124 - Tiger leader

    ReplyDelete
  7. VaLayne - you were a fabulous help today! Thank you! I ended up making my own template - I used Pages on my Mac. But if it hadn't been for your post (and finding it plastered all over Pinterest) I wouldn't have ever thought of this! If you're interested in seeing mine, feel free to email me at iamjenwilliams@gmail.com. Our Blue & Gold theme this year is "100 Years of Scouting" (it was 100 years ago this year that BSA invited the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints to partner with them) - so I included the Centennial logo on the inside (instead of the Scout holding up Akela ears). And I figured out how to make that neckerchief border! Ohmygoodness, it was difficult, but I did it! Thanks, again, for your communication throughout the day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use Microsoft Word - I simply copied the image from the pdf, pasted into Word, resized (reset the margins to narrow) and inserted a text box. Text boxes can be rotated up to 360 degrees, and the text will follow it (i.e., the text will also rotate with the box.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. THANK YOU FOR THE WONDERFUL IDEAS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Canadian Cub LeaderJuly 7, 2013 at 10:26 PM

    Awsome ideas! Being a teacher, I appreciate the time it has taken to make all the documents and love that a person is able to edit and print to fit my cub pack needs. Thank you so much!!!!!! We will be using the invitation to invite parents to the new cubs investiture this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for sharing this. As a new Cub Master and new to cub scouts altogether you have helped make our Blue and Gold a more classy event! Linda Walczak

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you! I copied and pasted the PDF into Word 2013, then added a text box with our customized invitation, which I could rotate and move into the correct position. I also removed the border and background from the text box so it wouldn't cover up any of the background image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad it worked so well for you! Would you share your word file with us so we could post that on here to help people out? Then all they would have to do would be to change the wording. You can send it to valayneostler@yahoo.com

      Delete
  13. I can't get the .pdf version to download. Could you email it to me? I would like to use it for our blue and gold banquet that is coming up in a couple weeks.. My email is brandigood@wyoming.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is there a version we can add or edit the text so we can print once?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for posting this! It's really cute and has made my life a bit easier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm pretty sure there was another neckerchief printable on this blog. Where is the one that was rank specific that you could print? It had different layers that you could turn on and off depending on the rank you would want to print. I've searched all over and can't find it. Help!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is adorable! Thanks for all of your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Because I couldn't edit the PDF. I used the snipping tool to take a screenshot. Then copied the picture to my Microsoft word. Then I could open an text book. It worked great and my packed loved them. Thank you so much f

    ReplyDelete
  19. Here is my version for crossover. Like one example above, we use parent pin to hold it together, but we hot glue the rank on top of the matching rank logo. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iFMNsYK9Y9535s2-g1VDcUMK0smcE4De/view?usp=sharing

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dating for everyone is here: ❤❤❤ Link 1 ❤❤❤


    Direct sexchat: ❤❤❤ Link 2 ❤❤❤

    8y

    ReplyDelete